Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sour Patch Berries


I thought I should review a product that wasn't made by Haribo, so I picked up some Sour Patch Kids Berries in the candy aisle at Wawa (a convenience store).  I really like the regular Sour Patch Kids, so I wasn't too surprised that I enjoyed these.  The flavors were intense and the texture was nice and chewy.  I particularly enjoyed the grape, it reminded me of grape soda, which I loved to drink as a kid.  These are definitely worth a try if you like sour candy.


--------------------------------------------------
Texture: These are very chewy and soft, especially if you continue to chew through the sourness and wait until you get to the sweet.

Flavors: There are four colors and flavors: blue raspberry (blue), cherry (red), grape (purple), and raspberry lemonade (pink). My favorites were the grape and the raspberry lemonade.  I actually couldn't figure out the flavor of the pink on my own and these are so new they are not on the Sour Patch website yet.  Wikipedia says raspberry lemonade so I will just go with it.  In any case, it has a pleasant tangy-berry flavor.  I wouldn't normally think of a cherry for a berry pack, I'm surprised they picked this over strawberry, but I like the flavor, it is very strong, more of a black cherry flavor maybe.  The blue raspberry was also pretty good.  There really aren't any duds in terms of flavor for this pack.

Cost: $0.55/oz, 1.8oz bag, at Wawa

Availability: These are pretty new, but I expect that you will eventually find these anywhere candy is sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment