Monday, March 12, 2012

Atlantic Lighthouse Gummy Lobsters



I added these gummy lobsters to my order at Pearl's simply because I have never seen a gummy lobster before and the unique shape prompted an impulse buy.  A bit of online research reveals that these are a popular tourist item in New England.  Unfortunately, I don't think these go much beyond the novelty of the shape.  This is the first bag of gummies that I have noticed an intense smell, and not in a pleasant way.  They don't really smell bad, but they smell sickly sweet and artificial.  The taste is a light generic cherry flavor but at the same time is intensely sugary sweet.  The texture is too rubbery and soft for me.  I would definitely pass on these, but they aren't as bad as the Gustaf's Cows.

--------------------------------------------------
Texture: These are too soft and rubbery.

Flavors: These are one flavor, cherry red.

Cost: $0.33/oz, 9oz bag, at Pearl's Nostalgic Candy, Chocolate, and Nuts (pearlscandynh.com)

Availability: I think these are fairly common in New England, especially at tourist attractions.  I've never been, so I can't say for sure, but my online research indicates this is the case.  I've never seen these in bulk stores in my area, which isn't too far away, in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment