Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Haribo Frogs

I was definitely attracted to these frogs because I think they are so cute.  They are much bigger then a regular gummy, about the size of a quarter, and they have a marshmallow foam tummy, which adds an interesting texture.  The flavor is not that intense, possibly because the tummy foam dilutes the flavor.  I definitely liked these, but I would still choose the Gold Bears over the Frogs any day.


--------------------------------------------------
Texture: These have the same overall texture of the gold bears, a bit hard and chewy.  The marshmallow tummies do add something a bit different though.

Flavors: The flavor is hard to pin down on this one, it is just a light fruit flavor to me.  I did search online and found that Haribo claims the gummy is apple with a passion fruit tummy.  I can kind of see that once I am thinking about it, but I never would have guessed.  The overall flavor is pleasant, but less intense then the Gold Bears, if these were sour apple instead, I think they would be much better.

Cost: $0.29/oz, 5oz bag, at candy shop

Availability: These are a bit harder to find, I have only seem them sold at candy shops, either in bulk or as a hanging 5 oz bag.  Online retailers, including amazon.com, do have these available.

No comments:

Post a Comment