Thursday, March 22, 2012

Haribo Techno Bears



My last product review from my Pearl's order is for Haribo Techno Bears.  I was drawn to these because of their metallic appearance, it made me very curious since usually a candy with this kind of gimmick would be cheap and terrible, but these were Haribo so they may actually be good.  Unfortunately, I wasn't really impressed.  I'm not sure if my batch was a bit older and stale or if the texture is always this way, but these were very tough, much harder then the Gold Bears.  These were about 1.5-2x's larger so they are more of a mouthful but the flavors were lackluster.  For the most part they seemed like lighter flavoring of the Gold Bears, the only new additions were the Apple and Sour Raspberry.  The Apple was boring and the Sour  Raspberry had a medicine taste to it.  As I said, it may have just been a stale batch since others have given this a positive review, but in my opinion, these are not worth it and the only appeal is the metallic coloring and the larger size.


--------------------------------------------------
Texture: These were much harder then the Gold Bears, to an unpleasant degree.  It was too much work to chew these.

Flavors: There are 6 flavors: Pinapple (purple), Lemon (yellow), Sour Raspberry (blue), Orange (orange), Cherry/Strawberry not sure which (pinkish red), Apple (green)


Cost: $0.33/oz, 9oz bag, at Pearl's Nostalgic Candy, Chocolate, and Nuts (pearlscandynh.com)

Availability: These aren't as widespread as the Gold Bears, but they are easily located at candy shops and grocery stores.  Several online retailers also carry these at decent rates.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss that, I feel strongly about this and so really like getting to know more on this kind of field. Do you mind updating your blog post with additional insight? It should be really useful for all of us. haribo singapore

    ReplyDelete