Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Trolli Big Bold Bears



I haven't had Trolli gummys in at least 15 years.  I never cared for them, I always thought they had an aftertaste, bad texture, and a greasy oily coating you sometimes find on lower quality gummys to keep them from sticking together.  That being said, I saw the Big Bold Bears at Walmart last night and decided to give Trolli another try.  I've been counting calories and I find that the larger sized items are a better choice.  It's easy to portion the serving size, 4 big bears, instead of counting out 30+ of the traditional sized gummys.   I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with this product.  It definitely doesn't hold a candle to any of my favorites, but the flavors are quite nice, they were not overly intense.  There are six flavors: Apple, Lemon Lime, Blue Raspberry, Cherry, Orange, and Grape.  The Lemon Lime tasted more like a very sugary Lime, but unlike many Lime flavored gummys, they don't taste like cleaner.  The Blue Raspberry has a tropical undertone which I like, I usually pass on Blue Raspberry flavors since they are generally overly sweet.  The Orange has a nice zest to it also.  On the other side, I felt that the Cherry was a bit weak and the Grape was my least favorite, tasting like flat and warm grape soda.  These were very chewy and much softer then the Haribo gummys I am used to.  The package indicates they are 4x larger then the regular Trolli gummys, they measure about 1 inch wide, 1.5 inches tall, and .5 inches thick.  I didn't notice a greasy coating on these either.  Overall, I think this are a nice option, but I wouldn't necessarily seek them out.


--------------------------------------------------
Texture: These are very chewy and soft.

Flavors: There are six flavors: Apple, Lemon Lime, Blue Raspberry, Cherry, Orange, and Grape.  The flavors are decent, but I didn't care for the Grape and the Cherry was kind of weak and bland.  I thought the flavors were less then bold, much lighter in flavor then I remember from Trolli product, but I preferred it that way.

Cost: $1.97 for a 8oz bag at Walmart.

Availability: Trolli products can usually be found in most convenience stores in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment