Sunday, June 10, 2012

Jelly Belly Champagne Bubbles



I was intrigued by the flavor "Champagne" when I saw these and I figured it was time to try another of the non-pariel gummies.  I wasn't a huge fan of the Haribo Berries, but I LOVE the Albanese Krunch Bears so I figured there was a good shot these would be halfway decent.  I was surprised when these arrived, they were much smaller then I expected, about the size of a Haribo bear, much smaller then the Berries I previously sampled.  These were tart and did remind me of the flavor of champagne, it was vey much like sparkly white grape juice, very authentically flavored.  The non-pareil coating was similar to the coating of the Krunch Bears, they were a sweet addition and did not dilute the flavor of the gummy itself.  Overall, I thought these were pleasant and unique, but I wouldn't necessarily purchase them again.  These were tasty enough to make me interested in trying the Jelly Belly version of the Berries though, which come in four flavors: Raspberry, Blackberry, Blueberry, and Strawberry.


--------------------------------------------------
Texture: These are chewy with a nice crunch.

Flavors: Champagne flavored, tart and sweet.

Cost: $3.99 for 7oz bag at Pearl's Candy and Nuts.

Availability: I haven't seen these in any retail locations but they are available at several online retailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment