Friday, June 15, 2012

Black Forest Gummy Worms




I've had gummy worms several times over the years and there is something really satisfying about pulling and biting the worms in half.  I'm not quite sure which brand I usually buy, since I they always seem to come from the bulk bins at candy stores, but I saw these on the shelf at Wawa the other day and decided to pick them up.  I definitely have not tried these before, the worm actually had a head and face, which was surprising and for some reason disturbing.   These also only came in three flavor combinations: lemon-lime, cherry-pineapple, and cherry-orange.  I remembered having other flavor combinations in the past, but it's been a while so I could be mistaken.  These were very soft and don't require a lot of chewing.  If you suck on these for a few seconds, the gummy starts to break down an disintegrate, they kind of melt in your mouth.  These had a slightly artificial taste, but it was still pleasant.  It kind of reminded me of the flavors of the Trolli Big Bears.  There was a waxy/greasy texture to these, but it wasn't bothersome.  I wouldn't mind having these again, but they are far from a favorite.


--------------------------------------------------
Texture: These are very soft and melt in your mouth, definitely not as chewy as Haribo gummies.

Flavors: There are three flavor combinations: cherry-orange, lemon-lime, and cherry-pineapple.  All three were pleasant and sweet.

Cost: $0.99 for 4.5oz bag at Wawa.

Availability: These are readily available in any convenience store, at least in the Northeastern US.

No comments:

Post a Comment