Thursday, May 17, 2012

Au'some Nintendo Super Mario 3-Dees


As a long time gamer and fan of the Mario series, I had to try these when I saw them at CVS.  The packaging was so attractive to me, featuring Mario, Yoshi, Diddy Kong, and Donkey Kong.  When I opened the wrapping and pulled out the plastic tray of my five new friends, I was pleased to see that I got all four characters and at least one of each of the four flavors: Strawberry, Watermelon, Mixed Berry, and Orange.  The detail to the gummies was amazing and these were pretty big, about 1.5-2 inches.  Unlike most gummies, these had detailing all around, even on the back which is usually flat on a traditional gummy bear.  The flavors were pretty good as well, except the Mixed Berry had a strange after-taste, almost garlicky? The texture was slightly hard, it had a good chew to it.  Overall, these were very fun and I would definitely purchase them again, especially if I had kids with me.  Check out the Au'some website (www.3-dees.com) for their other 3-Dees lines.  They have super cute animals in their Wildlife series, holiday themes, and other licensed lines like Kung Fu Panda.



--------------------------------------------------
Texture: These were slightly hard and chewy, I liked the texture overall.

Flavors: There are four flavors: Strawberry, Orange, Mixed Berry, and Watermelon.  The Mixed Berry has an unpleasant after-taste for me, but the other three were pretty good.

Cost: $1.95 for a pack of 5 gummies at CVS.

Availability: I haven't seen the Au'some gummies around before, but these seem readily available online.  I noticed that there is a theater box of 10 gummies so these are probably sold at some movie theaters and retail locations like Target where theater sized boxes of candy are sold.  Amazon also has good deals on different lines of 3-Dees, including a sour version of the Nintendo gummies.

No comments:

Post a Comment