Friday, May 4, 2012

Haribo Goldbaren



As I previously reported, I have heard that German Gold Bears are much better then the bags sold in the US, which are produced in factories in Turkey.  A few months ago I tried the Saft Goldbaren, or Juice Bears, which are my new favorite.  I had to try the regular Goldbaren to compare to the others. This package contained six flavors: orange, lemon, pineapple, strawberry, raspberry, and apple.  The texture is very similar to the Gold Bears found in the US, though they are slightly less chewy. Something interesting was since apple is included in this pack, as green, the strawberry is pink in this package instead of green like the US version.  I felt that in general, these tasted very similar to the Gold Bears, maybe a bit more intense, but overall mostly the same.  The red raspberry did taste a bit more like an authentic raspberry.  Overall, I don't think it is worth the extra effort to track down the Goldbaren over the Gold Bears, unless you are an apple fan, since that flavor is only available in this pack.  Otherwise, try the Saft Goldbaren if you want something different.



--------------------------------------------------
Texture: These are very similar to Gold Bears, slightly less hard and chewy.

Flavors: There are six flavors in this pack: orange (orange), raspberry (red), strawberry (pinkish red), lemon (yellow), pineapple (clear), apple (green).  These are very similar to the Gold Bear flavors, the red tastes a bit different, slightly more authentically like raspberry fruit.

Cost: about $.71/oz, $4.79 for a 200g bag on Amazon

Availability: I've heard that these can be tracked down in German delis in the city, but I just ordered mine online.  

No comments:

Post a Comment