Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Haribo Gold Bears: The Gummy to Beat

I am definitely a gummy bear addict and I measure all gummies against the gold standard, Haribo Gold Bears.  I have been unable to find a gummy in the United States to rival its flavor or texture.  Other gummies seem to be either too chewy, too sweet, or have a very unpleasant after taste.  I've decided to set out on a quest to try and find a better gummy.  Let the sugar rush begin!

--------------------------------------------------
Texture: A bit firm, requires a lot of chewing, but I prefer this- keeps me from gobbling them too quickly and I am able to savor the flavors.

Flavors: There are 5 flavors: lemon (yellow), orange (orange), raspberry (red), strawberry (green), pineapple (clear).  The strawberry is delicious, definitely my overall favorite flavor, though I do find it a bit odd that they chose green as the color for this flavor.  There is no unpleasant after taste, as are sometimes found with other brands.  I would prefer it if the intensity of flavor was a bit stronger, but overall great flavors.

Cost: $0.18/oz, purchased in bulk via Amazon

Availability: These can be found just about anywhere these days, at least in the Northeastern United States.




No comments:

Post a Comment